We know things have been hard, and well, a little scary these past few weeks, but we are still here for you and your pets. While we’d normally invite you inside and offer you an espresso, we have to do things a bit differently these days to protect both our staff and clientele. Here is our response to the COVID-19 Crisis.
• We instituted hospital-grade safety precautions involving mandatory PPE, temperature checks, and cleaning after each exam.
• For everyone’s protection, we need to ask all pet parents to wait outside as we preform the exam; we understand that you want to be with your fur babies, but our rooms are not large enough for proper social distancing.
• Upon arrival please wait outside and wave to our receptionist or call our front desk. Our receptionist will then message our treatment area and a tech will come out to meet you.
• Pets are taken to our treatment area where they receive a full exam by our doctors
• After the exam, our doctors call to discuss treatment- we can also do Zoom meetings
• For your convenience, payment can be taken over the phone while we treat your pet.
Ways you can help:
• New Clients: If possible, please email us your past medical records prior to your appointment, cell phone pictures are fine. This will save time and help us prepare for your visit.
• Drop off appointments: Please consider dropping your pets off with us in the morning at a set time, heading home and picking them up in the afternoon.
• Picking up medications? For your convenience, please call ahead so we can have your prescription ready and take payment over the phone.
• We know it is inconvenient, but due to the COVID-19 crisis, veterinary clinics can not see patients for nail trims, dental cleanings or annual/general wellness checks at this time. Much as we want to treat everyone, vets have been advised to stick to essential/sick/emergency treatment to conserve PPE and limit exposure risk; puppies and kittens are an exception since they need vaccines.
• Please do not hesitate to contact us if you think your pet is feeling unwell, or even just acting a little off. We are here for you and working to keep you safe through our response to the COVID-19 crisis.